One of the best brands on the market for all kinds of kitchen appliances is Cuisinart. This also includes their meat slicers.
Meat slicers are necessary whether you have your own business, deli, small restaurant, or even if you want to have one at home.
In this Cuisinart meat slicer review, we will tell you everything you need to know before you purchase a Cuisinart kitchen pro food slicer.
Before getting a meat slicer, it’s essential to make sure that you know what to look for to get the best one for your means. Here are some of the different criteria so you can decide on the best Cuisinart meat slicer.
- Built-in sharpener: It’s essential to make sure that the blade of your meat slicer is always clean and sharp so that you eliminate any potential risks when the meat slicer is in operation. Thankfully, most of them come with their built-in sharpener so that the process goes by quickly and easily.
- Safety features: Naturally, you can imagine that there may be some safety hazards with using a sharp kitchen appliance such as a meat slicer. Many of them come with lots of safety features to help keep you safe while the device is in operation, some of which may include: automatic shut-off, knife guard, and a gauge place interlock. The more safety features the meat slicer has, the better.
- Foods you can use: Depending on what you need the meat slicer for, you may want to double-check and see what kinds of foods you can cut with it. As the name suggests, you will be able to slice different types of meat, but many of them also allow you to slice cheese, vegetables, fruits, and other foods as well.
- Ease of cleaning: You will want to make sure that the food slicer is easy to clean because you want to eliminate the possibility of bacteria growing on the device and contaminating your food. Many food slicers come with removable parts that you can easily remove to get into the small crevices to clean.
- Adjustable thickness: Many meat slicers also allow you to change the thickness of the blade with a knob to choose how thick you want the different slices of food to be. Generally, they give you a range of widths up to 1 inch.
The Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer is the food slicer offered by Cuisinart. It retails for $79.95 and is available through several retailers, including the Cuisinart website, Boscov’s, Target, Best Buy, and more.
A heavy-duty food slicer operates using a 130-watt motor and a 7.5-inch undulated stainless steel cutting blade. The cutting blade is removable for your safety and to make cleaning much easier. The Cuisinart food slicer is made of premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing so that you will be able to use this product for years to come.
The Cuisinart FS-75 also allows you to adjust the thickness to cut the different food slices using the slice control knob. It can cut food between 1/32 inches and ½ inches. Aside from the meat, you can use this Cuisinart meat slicer to slice bread, cheese, roast, and more, making it a highly versatile option whether you need it for home use or in your small business.
In addition to all of that, many people who have purchased this product said that they were happy with how easy it is to clean. The blade and stainless slicing carriage can be removed so that you have an easier time cleaning up and eliminating the possibility of bacteria getting on your food.
As far as safety features, it has aluminum housing to prevent the metal components of the product from rusting and non-slip feet to keep the meat slicer in place while it is in operation. It is simple to set up and is safe to use even at home. This device is preferred if you want to impress your guests with your professional-level charcuterie boards and sliced meats.
Here is a video of the Cuisinart FS-75 in operation.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Cuisinart food slicer, according to customer reviews.
- Fast and easy to assemble
- Perfect for use at home
- Includes enough safety features for you to have no trouble using it in the comfort of your kitchen
- Many reviews stated that the powerful motor and the sharpness allows them to get a close and thin cut every time
- The blade thickness is adjustable, so you can choose the thickness at which you want the device to slice your food
- You can slice many different foods with the device aside from meat, including cheese, fruits, vegetables, and more
- Although the meat slicer is meant for home use, many reviews said that it works just as well as industrial slicers at the deli
- The meat slicer is very easy to clean up
- Some complaints about the lack of professional-quality results
- Some reviews stated that the device is impossible to clean in some areas
- Some reviews were not pleased with the quality of the plastic parts
- One review noted that it had inconsistent slice thickness
- Some reviews said that the motor is too small and not powerful enough to take on the task of at-home work
Overall, the Cuisinart meat slicer is one of the best meat slicers on the market that offers plenty of great features. While there were some complaints about different features, these reviews seem to be few and far between.
There are many features, including a built-in sharpener, removable parts, an adjustable slicer, and more, that will make your experience with this device a lot more enjoyable. You can also use it to slice many types of foods. The Cuisinart food slicer is, overall, a great choice.
Septic Tank Baffle: What is it and How It Works?
How Centrifugal Pumps Work – Home Decor Expert
Window Warping: Why It Happens and What to Do About It